1. Nordsjøveien from Egersund to HellvikTo cycle on Nordsjøveien from Egersund to Hellvik is a fantastic trip which stretches over 12 superb kilometers on well-developed walking trails/dirt roads. Along the way there are many great lookout points and picnic areas. A nice alternative, if it is too far to cycle back and forth, is to turn around at Maurholen (old train station with waffle sales in the summer months and beautifully developed outdoor area) or take the train one way. The route is part of the Nordsjøveien (North Sea road) and is well marked. From downtown follow highway Fv. 44 to the station where one turns left and follows highway Fv. 502 in the direction of Eigerøy. Here you can follow the walking and biking trail and protected road all the way to the intersection at Gamle Eigerøyveien. There you cross the road and you will see the beautiful path just after the underpass of Eigerøyveien. This route is used a lot by hikers, and cyclists are advised to show respect for them.
2. Downtown – Tengs/ Kosen – Vingård – Langevann – DowntownOn this fine round trip, the family can bike on a walking and biking trail for much of the trip. From downtown follow highway Fv. 44 to Tengs. Here you can stop for a round of miniature golf or an ice cream at Kosen. At the intersection of Jærveien and Tengsareidveien turn to the right and then take the first exit on the right onto Vingårdsveien. At the top of Vingårdsveien there is a nice dirt path over to the Langevann residential area. There are nice swimming possibilities at the end of Store Langevann and from there down to the city center there is a nice walking and biking path. The round trip will be altogether just under 10 km.
3. Downtown – Mjølhus – KjervallThis is a great tour by foot and bike path from downtown, via highway Rv. 42 to the exit towards Mjølhus. The tour continues through Sletteidveien to the bottom of the dirt incline towards Kjervall. The trail has low traffic and is therefore well suitable for families. In the middle of the hill to Kjervall there is a nice deep pool in the stream which is on the right side of the dirt road. Here it is lovely to take a dip on a hot summer day when your body is feeling that the hill is strenuous. Continuing from the pool, follow the dirt road onto the tractor road to Kjervall. Take the tour to Trollpikken if you wish. There are several nice places to take a break up here and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The return trip comes to about 17 km.
4. Downtown – HestnesThis trip goes to beautiful Hestnes where you can enjoy the open sea views and beautiful hiking trails as a continuation of your cycling tour. This stretch follows a walking and cycling route along highway Fv. 44 towards Sokndal. One then takes Gamle Sokndalsveien where there is partially mixed traffic for a short distance. At Lygre is the start of a well developed pedestrian and bicycle path that runs almost all the way to the parking lot at the sewage treatment plant which is down by the sea. Here are beautiful tour areas that are well marked by Dalane Outdoors Council. It is recommended to take the tour in on the paths in order to take a small break before returning the same route back to the downtown of Sykkelby (the biking town). The round trip bike tour is 8 km from downtown.
5. Downtown – Koldalsbakken – Puntervoll – Nodland i Heia – Veshovda – DowntownThis round trip gives you 35 km on your bike seat and can be biked in both directions depending on your wishes and the wind conditions. There is some uphill at the start of the trip and the total vertical rise is 700 meters. The route is mainly on asphalt, but has a smaller part on a nice dirt road. The asphalt road is not busy and although there are no walking and cycling paths, the trip is considered safe to ride.
From downtown Egersund bike towards Sokndal (highway Fv. 44) to the intersection towards Koldal. Turn left here and follow the signs on the asphalted road towards Puntervold and Koldal. At the intersection at Hegdal turn left towards Vindbirkeland. Follow the asphalt road straight on until you reach the dirt road at the end of Nodlandsvatnet lake. The dirt road goes about 0.5 km before it meets a nice asphalt road that takes you all the way back downtown again. On the way from Nodland towards Veshovda you pass the prepared tour area at Horve, where great cycling routes in the terrain have been developed by Dalane Sykleklubb. This is a nice area well suited for a rest. From Horve the return goes via Veshovda and then down Koldalsbakken until you bike back to the city center and «finishing line» in the Sykkelby (the biking town).
6. Downtown – SkadbergsandenHere the goal is really worth the trip. Skadbergsanden is Egersund’s pride when it comes to bathing beaches. In beautiful summer weather there is little that can compare with the fresh breeze and warm sea air that the guests to the beach experience. Biking the 15 kilometers makes the body extra thankful to be able to be refreshed in a cooling open sea. The bike trip follows asphalted roads plus several stretches with pedestrian and bike paths.
Follow highway Fv. 44 from downtown to the station in Egersund. Turn right here and follow highway Fv. 502 towards Eigerøy. After the bridge over to Eigerøy turn right on Ytstebrødveien and follow this all the way until the sea appears on the left side of the road. Turn off Ytstebrødveien to Skadbergsanden where the bike racks are close to the main opening to the beach.